From 8:15-9:45 a.m. on Saturday, October 7th, the Memorial of Our Lady of the Rosary, we cordially offer you the opportunity to publicly gather together in prayer and witness with your brothers and sisters in Christ outside of the most active local abortion facility in Buffalo (2500 Main Street).
If you're in, great! Mark your calendar and invite all your pro-life friends. (If you're on Facebook, check in here). We have had 100 people at each of the last two larger gatherings of prayer and public witness, but we're going for 200 this time. We need your help to make that happen.
If you're on the fence, please consider...
1. By the nature of our common humanity, we all share the fundamental and innate vocation to love. Especially as Christians, and most especially as Catholics who have answered the call of Jesus and entered into His Catholic Church and the fullness of the Sacramental life: love is the mission of each one of us.
2. Love is to will the good of another and Jesus calls us very clearly to "love one another." Yet, we have a segment of our population, our pre-born brothers and sisters, who have been and are being dehumanized in law and culture, and are therefore being directly killed by the thousands every day in our nation. We must not tolerate it. Love demands that we publicly stand up for them - that their humanity be acknowledged and their full equal rights be enshrined in law and culture.
3. Each of us will be judged by God for our response to abortion, which is the direct killing of the very least among us and the deep wounding of mothers, fathers, families, and society.
Catechism of the Catholic Church 678: "Jesus announced the judgment of the Last Day in his preaching...Our attitude to our neighbor will disclose acceptance or refusal of grace and divine love. On the Last Day Jesus will say: 'Truly I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brethren, you did it to me (Mt. 25:40).'"
"At the evening of life, we shall be judged on our love." -St. John of the Cross
4. Each moment of our earthly lives offers us a new opportunity for repentance and conversion. If you have tolerated the dehumanization and direct killing of our pre-born brothers and sisters in the past and have not taken proper non-violent action to publicly stand up for them, repent and begin again.
5. Prayer is powerful. Communal prayer is especially powerful. And bringing the love of the Church in communal prayer to the front sidewalk of the most active abortion facility in our local community, while they are open for "business," is a most powerful and sacred work of mercy.
Love will end abortion.
The question is: Will we love enough to do more?
Please take this opportunity we present before you and join us for this pro-life gathering of prayer and public witness outside of 2500 Main Street on October 7th from 8:15-9:45 a.m
Invite all your pro-life friends. First-timers are most welcome and most needed!
We'll be praying all 20 mysteries of the Rosary and the Chaplet of Divine Mercy.
What a beautiful opportunity to live our faith publicly together on this great feast day of Our Lady of the Rosary!
God bless you.
In the grace and peace of our Lord Jesus,
"For God did not give us a spirit of cowardice
but rather of power and love and self-control."
2 Timothy 1:7